Saturday, November 5, 2011

Do any of you know aunts/uncles/grandparents who give gifts to nieces and grandkids?

I got into an arguement with my mother about my aunts/uncles/grandparents and how none of them gave me gifts, money, never really got to know me, some don't even know my name. My mother of course is close to her brothers and sisters but she didn't raise me to be close to family. I'm 24, I'm not close to my aunts and uncles because I felt they never took the chance to know me, I told my mother why and she said she doesn't know any family that ever gave gifts or money, I said I did. Its not about giving but its one way that people show they care and love along with trying to get to know you. I have a niece and I give to her all the time and buy her things, I don't wait until a certain holiday or graduation, I get to know her and buy for her, that was never done for me. I envied my friends growing up and how their relatives would take them out shopping, give them things as kids randomly and still do. Do any of you know relatives who give and show love to their nieces and granddaughters?

No comments:

Post a Comment