Sunday, November 6, 2011

Very difficult parents.. help ? :(?

Ever since I was a kid I always loved and enjoyed singing and dancing. I would entertain my family cause I was always dancing around and singing random MJ or Aaliyah songs. My Dad used to be a huge fan of MJ and Bob Marley but now he absolutely loathes music and calls it 'the devil's tool'. My love and pion for music and dance has grown. I have been writing songs since I was 12 and I am now 15. I have argued with both of my parents a countless amount of times because I want to become a singer. A few months ago, I joined a singing group 'Trio Royale' it consisted of me and 2 cousins and I had to leave because of my Dad. I envy both of them soo much because they both have very supportive parents who are helping and mentoring them. Sometime last year I argued with my Dad for 2 hours trying to persuade him that not all music is 'the devil's tool' and it was soo useless it ended with me in tears. At the very least my Dad allowed me to join the school choir but that's it... last time when we were arguing he threatened to disown me that was the second time. I am aware of the most of the basics for singing, my choir director told me that I had a very unique voice and when we first met she thought I was an alto but I actually turned out to be a mezzo-soprano. Someone advised that I waited until I was old enough then I could move out and do whatever, but I was also told that the younger the better cause then you will have more experience in the music industry... someone help please I am very, very stressed right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment